Monday, August 17, 2015

Not Idols

I am a huge fan of Jon North and Jared Enderton.  I love to listen to their podcasts:
Weightlifting Talk Podcasts on Spreaker

But, I want to say that neither of those guys are my idol.  It's not to insult either of them.  It's to keep from insulting myself.

Calling someone your idol means that all you do is idolize/worship/deify them.  Why would you do that to anyone?  They're people, just like you, not gods.  They got where they are somehow and so can you.  So can I.
False Idol?
Enderton gives a lot of insight into how he became an Iowa State champion wrestler, an OTC trainee. a strongman competitor, and now a professional athlete for the NPGL.
Jared Enderton

North also gives insight to the mindset of an athlete; from the turbo button to writing "Shankle" on the floor.  The guy has a way of tapping into the right side of his brain and going "Off Bucks".
His passion and work ethic have brought him success in weightlifting as a competitor, seminar coach, author, and starting his own federation.  I expect he'll see results in bodybuilding too.
Jon North
Thanks to their insight and passion (from their podcasts and seminars), I can emulate the behaviors that led them to be successful in my sport/path.  Enderton recently recommended that to achieve a goal, you have to first announce it (even if Chaos and Pain disagrees not WFS).

That's why I started this blog, to get these goals out there, public!

Next, to get 1% closer to those goals every day and post the evidence that the work is being done!

"Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day, But They Were Laying Bricks Every Hour."

Hustle every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment