Saturday, August 29, 2015

Habit Forming

I started a new job on Monday, the 24th.  I'll be running assays on silicone products at Momentive Performance Materials in Waterford, NY.  It's continuous shift work, so I'm going to have to figure out how sleep and training work into a rotating 7 day of changing shift work schedule when typically my programming has always followed the traditional Wednesday and Sunday off or something along those lines.

This week, I got up at 4am so I could get to the gym and get training done.  I want to try to establish a schedule that gets me to work on time and gets me home to see my kids after work.  I hear a lot of people say that training early in the morning is tough or training alone is tough, but I've gotten used to both.  They're habits, so acclimating those habits to a rotation will be the biggest challenge... until I build new habits.

Youtube didn't allow the music I had, so I added some.


Mahatma Gandhi


“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
Mahatma Gandhi

I am trying to do exactly that, put my thoughts into words here, although I lack practice at this and am usually a very private person. I want to make sure that I put those words into action and form winning habits and a destiny of my choosing!
Visited Black Sheep to taste the gains on Kilo plates (and got to see Kia, Viv, Derek and Dean)

“We become what we repeatedly do.”
Sean Covey, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens





2 comments: