Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Better Than Robots

I really love Jon North's blogpost, "Ï am a Weightlifting Robot".

There have been many times when I reminded myself that I don't have a choice.  I am a robot and am programmed to lift.  I will program myself to move better with every lift.  I will do work.

That philosophy has gotten me started and through many a training session.

But, I also have the thought in my head and heart that we are better than robots.  If you always push a machine slightly beyond its capacity with every use, it breaks.

Robots break.
Tough day of training...

We adapt.

So, when training finishes and I felt like crap or I feel beat up crawling out of bed in the morning, I know that my body is just adapting to that new capacity.  I'll come back stronger.  Call it super compensation or call it the strength of the human body.  Call it what you want.

We are better than robots.

I will grow stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment