Monday, September 7, 2015

Rollercoaster

I had such a hard time making lifts on Friday, then Saturday seemed absurdly easy with power cleans and snatch pulls at 80%.  I bumped up the weights on both so I can get used to moving more weight again.
Sunday, was one of those rest days where I feel the effects of the week's training and wonder if I'll ever be able to survive another day.  Elbows, knees, back... I feel oldest on rest days!

But, even getting up to train at 3am and starting at 4am, today was a very successful day.  I hit every snatch.  After seeing my video, coach said to work on holding the bottom to build more stability... definitely rushing to get out of the hole.  I PR'ed my Back Squat 4RM at 370#!  That's 5# shy of a 1RM I got and then couldn't hit again for over a year.  I feel like I'm getting closer to 400#.  And, I hit pretty good weight (140#) for 3 on the press (forever my nemesis lift).
Down & up again.  But, trending up overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment